Join the club of mums with kids who sleep
Imagine listening to your child’s gentle breathing as they effortlessly fall asleep each night.
- No more fighting with them to go to bed. Causing you both lots of upset and often resulting in a meltdown that keeps them up even longer.
- No more you spending your precious evenings lying in bed with your child to help them go to sleep. Or waking with a stiff neck at 2am in your child’s bed.
- No more having to deal with a sleep-deprived, melting down and bad tempered child the next day.
Premium quality weighted blankets, custom-made with the right – and safe – weight for each child’s unique body.
Widest choice of fabrics and colours.
Choose from our range of coloured cottons, minky or printed fabrics.
FREE shipping Australia-wide
Calming Moments is the Kid’s Weighted Blanket Specialist
It is possible – here are some of our customer stories that show how these custom-made weighted blankets transformed their children’s bedtimes (and mum’s life).
Or you can read more on our testimonials page.
Maria Peters recommends Calming Moments
17 February 2021
There are many types of weighted blankets in the market, cheaper or more expensive. I really wanted an Australian made product after all this COVID year… and I’m very happy with my purchase.
My daughter doesn’t know that is a calming blanket, she just loves how it is ‘hugging’ her and that it’s a bit heavy and she sleeps so well during the night!!! We like the design and distribution of weight, size and material. I liked that I could choose the right size, design and weight . It’s worth the money.
Suzette Sayer recommends Calming Moments
16 February 2021
I bought a Calming Moments weighted blanket for my teenager who struggles with many challenges. I researched whether they worked or not, and then selected an Australian-made product I could trust.
I was sceptical but desperate to find a solution to at least one of our problems. It has been a God-send from the first night.
My teenager now wakes feeling ‘good’ instead of ‘blah’, which makes their day so much easier to cope with.
A huge thank you to the Calming Moments team!
Lynna Brine recommends Calming Moments
23 October 2019
The blanket I ordered is beautifully made and – best of all – quiet! No rattly bead noise at all, it has been a God send after 7 years no sleep our daughter is still and sleeping awesome.
Leah Solly recommends Calming Moments
25 June 2019
These blankets are fantastic. My daughter has ptsd anxiety depression and stress from car accident and she uses hers every night and got another one ordered.
Highly recommend and so lovely to speak to 😊
Bridget Todd recommends Calming Moments
14 July 2019
Highly Recommend, my daughter has a hearing loss and one of her biggest struggles has been calming down enough at the end of the day to sleep. Usually it takes her hours and lots of tears but the last 2 weeks she’s been using her blanket and has fallen asleep within 5 minutes of going to bed.
Courtney Earle recommends Calming Moments
15 February 2019
We brought a blanket for our son, who’s always been a restless light sleeper but not only that needs the touch and comfort of someone next to him. We had exhausted all avenues and were exhausted ourselves. It’s always been that way since he was born, he’s now 6. A few family members made the comment about trying a weighted blanket and we thought what have to got to lose and ordered one. Calming Moments were so easy to work with and our order arrived yesterday. He was so excited when we put it on his bed. This morning our son walked into our room and said “I stayed in my bed the whole night, my blanket was so good Mum. It was like someone was cuddling me the whole time”.
I wish we had ordered one a lot sooner! We can’t thank you enough! We’ll definitely be back soon for more.
Amanda Laming recommends Calming Moments
20 August 2020
Great customer service!
I made a mistake with my order and the people I spoke to were extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
Also….my son finally sleeps through the night!!! Previously getting up multiple times and up early but not anymore. So pleased I invested in the weighted blanket. Blanket is well made and great quality. Best investment I’ve made for a long time!!
Michele Hobbs recommends Calming Moments
25 February 2020
I purchased one of your lovely travel blankets for my daughter.
She has loved it in the car and seems to be helping her anxiety easier to manage which in turn makes it easier for me. Your service was amazing and very fast
Weighted blankets use Deep Pressure Touch, a firm and gentle pressure.
It works to calm the body in three steps.
Step 1: Deep Pressure Touch switched off the body's "fight or flight" response
Step 2: Deep Pressure Touch slows the heart and breathing rates so that the body feels physically calmer
Step 3: Deep Pressure Touch causes the brain to flood the blood stream with "feel-good" hormones and neurotransmitters that calm the mind
Deep Pressure Touch has been scientifically proven to help relieve stress and anxiety. This, in turn:
- Helps you go to sleep quicker and stay asleep for longer;
- Calm down if you are overexcited or having a meltdown; and
Every weighted blanket should have two characteristics to maximise its Deep Pressure Touch benefits. These will help you calm down and sleep.
- The weight should be spread evenly through it, without any “bunching” or “pooling” of the weight. That’s why we sew an even weight of fine glass micro beads into equal sized pockets throughout the blanket.
- It should be the correct weight for its user.
Every weighted blanket should be custom-made for the individual user
We all have different body weights.
Yet, most mass-produced weighted blankets come in a limited number of weights.
- We make our blankets available in 22 different weights. These range in 0.5kg increments from 1.5kg up to 12.0kg so that your child will get the right blanket weight for their body mass.
- We do this because Occupational Therapists recommend that a single bed weighted blanket should be 10% of a child’s body weight. (Children under 2 should not use weighted blankets for safety reasons.)
- This means that your child will receive the optimal deep pressure touch therapy that soothes their bodies, calms their minds and helps them sleep.
- And you will have peace of mind knowing that it’s a safe weight for your child to use.
Every weighted blanket is unique
We make every single blanket to your order.
- You can choose your favourite coloured cotton or sensory minky or smooth minky.
- We can embroider your child’s name onto their weighted blanket.
- Our weighted blankets are available in toddler bed, single, king single, double, queen and king size.
- PLUS – our all our weighted blankets are machine-washable on cold, gentle cycle.
- FREE shipping Australia-wide.
- We are an NDIS-registered supplier. The NDIS may fund your weighted blanket under certain circumstances.
- And you get a free gift worth $60 when you claim your coupon code here.
Browse some of our specialised kids’ weighted blankets by clicking the pictures below.
Let us help your child get the sleep they need
Get a FREE Wiggles the Worm with every purchase of $250+
Hurry and order today because our production capacity is limited
Our wonderful team of 10 Aussie mums professionally makes each blanket individually. This means that our production capacity for our beautiful premium quality weighted blankets made specifically for you is limited.
Hurry and order today so that you won’t have to wait to receive your special weighted blanket, engineered for your unique body. To help you go to sleep faster and stay asleep longer.
FREE shipping on all weighted blankets Australia-wide.
Don’t forget to claim your coupon code for a free sensory weighted Wiggles the Worm worth $60 when you spend $250 or more.
Buy a Calming Moments weighted blanket now by choosing the product you want from the listings below.