The Calming Moments Weighted Blanket Calculator
Want to buy a weighted blanket but not sure which weight to buy?
Too heavy and it will be uncomfortable.
Too light and you won’t get the powerful calming benefit of deep pressure touch.
Get it right with this instant calculator.
If you have two people in the bed (a double, queen or king-size), use their average weight.
Now that you know the right weight, choose the weighted blanket you want from our incredible range of fabrics and colours.
The science behind the weight calculation
Occupational Therapists recommend that you use a weighted blanket that is 10% of your body weight. This is heavy enough for the weighted blanket to “hug” you and soothe you. But light enough that it doesn’t feel claustrophobic.
If you are “between” weights, pick the heavier blanket.
- For the littlelies, we suggest you look at our beautiful travel blankets. These also come in our full range of fabrics.
- Our weighted lap blankets have three different sizes:
- The small size is great for preschoolers and early years children. It weighs 1kg. Helps control the wriggles without harsh words.
- Middle years primary school children love the comfort of our medium-sized lap blanket. Its sensory feedback aids focus and concentration. It weighs 1.5kg.
- Teens and adults find the large weighted lap blanket soothing. It helps focus during study and work. It weighs 2kg.
So don’t delay. Get the calm you want in your life. Just choose the type of blanket you want and order from our fantastic range of fabrics and blanket types todaySHOP Now
- All our weighted blankets are made right here in Mandurah, WA for you. With love.
- They are filled with soft Australian-made bamboo, which breathes in Australia’s warm climate.
- The weight comes from Australian-manufactured micro glass beads. No hard edges. Evenly distributed weight.
- All our blankets are backed by our Calming 5-year guarantee.
- Our cotton blankets are machine-washable on gentle cycle.