This sensory minky weighted lap pad is the size of a small tray and lies over your knees.
Great for the car, taking to school or for people who need it when sitting in a chair as a comforting aid.
It has a front of raised dot sensory minky and a back of matching cotton.
The embossed raised dots are tactile and perfect for people who like to stroke textures to self-soothe.
Our weighted lap blankets come in six sizes with your choice of different coloured fabric.
Aqua, Baby Pink, Grey, Lime Green, Navy Blue and Lavender.
A lap pad or blanket doesn’t require as much weight as the larger blankets as the weight is concentrated on a smaller area on the person.
Lap pad sizes are:
Our six different sensory minky lap pad sizes are:
- Small 50x36cm; weighs 1kg suggested for 2 – 4 year olds
- Medium 60x40cm; weighs 1.5kg suggested for 5 – 7 year olds
- Large 70x44cm; weighs 2kg suggested for 8 – 9 year olds
- Extra Large 70x44cm; weighs 3kg suggested for 9 – 16 year olds
- Jumbo 75x50cm; weighs 4kg suggested for 16 year old +
- Super-Jumbo 75x50cm; weighs 5kg suggested for highly sensory-seeking adults.
Please allow 2-3 days to prepare product for shipping.
Machine-washable on cold, gentle cycle.
Who It’s For:
This sensory minky weighted lap pad or lap blanket helps calm people who have:
- Difficulties in sitting still and concentrating for extended periods;
- Severe anxiety;
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD);
- Neurodivergence, including Autism and ADHD;
- Sensory processing difficulties;
- Dementia; and
How Can a Sensory Minky Weighted Lap Pad Help You?
This premium quality Australian-made weighted lap blanket works using Deep Pressure Touch. (Deep Pressure Touch is also sometimes called Proprioceptive Input.) They can:
Help you concentrate for longer
Calm overwhelmed feelings
How the Sensory Minky Weighted Lap Pad Works
The Sensory Minky Weighted Lap Pad (or lap blanket) helps to relieve anxiety and stress. It works by the weight of the beads inside pressing down gently on your body. This calming pressure is called Deep Pressure Touch. (Deep Pressure Touch is also sometimes called Proprioceptive Input.)
Deep Pressure Touch or Proprioceptive Input is a firm but gentle consistent pressure. It triggers two responses in the body that bring feelings of reduced anxiety.
- It firstly shuts off the body’s “fight or flight” instinct that is governed by the sympathetic nervous system.
- It then activates the parasympathetic nervous system. This causes both the breathing rate and heart rate to slow and the muscles relax.
The end result is that you feel more relaxed and less anxious.
How to Use It:
It’s simple and easy to use the Sensory Minky Weighted Lap Pad.
Just put it on your lap while you sit and continue with your tasks.
You can use it while sitting on a chair, the floor, a bed, a couch or even in the car.
Use it for as long as you need it – there is no minimum requirement or maximum limit.
You can machine-wash the weighted lap pad on cold, gentle cycle. This is a quick and convenient way to deal with life’s accidents and messes.
Leave to dry flat.
What Makes Calming Moments’ Weighted Lap Pads Unique?
Made with love and care
Our team of Aussie mums carefully makes each weighted lap pad with love and care.
Premium quality guarantee
We make these lap pads with superior quality fabrics and beads. And back them with a two-year guarantee to give you peace of mind.
Only Calming Moments’ weighted lap pads are certified by the Australian-made Campaign.
We pay the post throughout Australia.
The weight won’t shift around
The cotton wadding keeps the beads in place so that the weight stays evenly distributed.
All our weighted lap pads are easily machine-washable on cold, gentle cycle.