This coloured Cotton Single Bed Weighted Blanket is designed to fit on top of a Single bed, with no overhang. This gives the best calming effect for people with sensory sensitivities.
Size: 95cm x 190cm
We make our cotton weighted blankets with high quality cotton.
The cotton is:
- Made with all-natural, breathable fibres.
- The best option for “hot sleepers”
- Smooth and even so that it won’t irritate sensitive skin.
Baby Pink, Light Grey, Emerald Green, Navy Blue, Lavender
How we make it:
We manufacture these Cotton Single Bed Weighted Blankets in Greenfields, Western Australia.
- Each weighted blanket’s calming effect comes from its weight. This comes from filling each blanket with the correct weight of micro glass beads.
- The glass beads are the size of mustard seeds with smooth edges.
- Each blanket has evenly spaced, individually sewn pockets. We fill them with an equal weight of micro glass beads. This means that the blanket’s weight is evenly distributed across your whole body.
- We fill each blanket with two layers of cotton wadding. This keeps the glass beads evenly spread through each pocket. (You can also select a cooler summer option without wadding. This means that the beads will move around within the pockets.)
You can machine-wash this Cotton Single Bed Weighted Blanket on cold, gentle cycle. Please hang to dry or dry flat. It cannot be tumble dried.
Who It’s For:
Our Aussie team custom-makes each Cotton Single Bed Weighted Blanket so that it will calm and relax you. We make them for people with:
- Difficulty in falling asleep or staying asleep;
- Severe anxiety;
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD);
- Neurodivergence, including Autism and ADHD;
- Sensory processing difficulties;
- Big feelings of overwhelm that make it difficult to be calm and present; and
How Can a Cotton Single Bed Weighted Blanket Help You?
This premium quality Australian-made weighted blanket works using Deep Pressure Touch. (Deep Pressure Touch is also sometimes called Proprioceptive Input.) They can:
Help you sleep better
How It Works
Weighted blankets work because they are heavier than an ordinary blanket.
The extra weight provides calming Deep Pressure Touch or Proprioceptive Input.
Deep Pressure Touch is a firm but gentle consistent pressure. It triggers two responses in the body that bring feelings of reduced anxiety.
- It firstly shuts off the body’s “fight or flight” instinct that is governed by the sympathetic nervous system.
- It then activates the parasympathetic nervous system. This causes both the breathing rate and heart rate to slow and the muscles relax.
The end result is that you feel more relaxed and less anxious.
How to Use It:
No need for fussing with covers or complicated assembly.
Just put your weighted blanket on your bed or couch and use it like an ordinary blanket.
You can use it with or without a top sheet, whichever is your personal preference.
You can use it on top of a doona or another blanket in winter.
You can safely sleep with it all night long because we custom-make them with the right weight for your body.
You can machine-wash the weighted lap pad on cold, gentle cycle. This is a quick and convenient way to deal with life’s accidents and messes.
Leave to dry flat.
What Makes This Cotton Single Bed Weighted Blanket Unique Unique?
Made with love and care
Our team of Aussie mums carefully makes each weighted blanket with love and care.
Only Calming Moments’ weighted blankets are certified by the Australian-made Campaign.
Premium quality guarantee
We make these weighted blankets with superior quality fabrics and beads. And back them with a two-year guarantee to give you peace of mind.
Cooler summer option
Now you can choose the summer warmth option for a cooler blanket.
Custom-made with the right weight
This gives your body the best calming anxiety-reducing effect.
Made with silent glass beads
So that your sleep won’t be disturbed by poly pellets’ rustling, swooshing noises.