Does your child struggle to sleep at night, wake up in the morning and stay calm and centred during the day?
Children often feel anxious and overwhelmed. This can be the underlying cause.
If so, here are 3 ways that Calming Moments’ weighted blankets can help.
1. Calming Moments’ weighted blankets can help children sleep better at night
This, in turn, means that they are less able to:
- put their best effort into learning at school,
- navigating friendships and relationships or
- even playing.
And this, in turn, can reinforce the vicious cycle of more stress and less sleep.
Calming Moments’ weighted blankets can break this cycle.
By using them to sleep, your child can go to sleep faster and sleep for longer.
And that means they will have more energy the next day.
2. Calming Moments’ weighted blankets can help children destress after a busy day
Does your child hold it together during the day, but melt down once you’ve fetched them from school ?
If so, then take the weighted blanket with you when you fetch them.
Let them “decompress” under it on the way home. (You can also use a compact travel blanket for this.)
3. Calming Moments’ weighted blankets can help end a meltdown faster
If you see that your child is about to melt down, cuddle them under a weighted blanket.
The blanket will calm your child.
And help them process the feelings of overwhelm.
Especially if they struggle with sensory stimuli.
But the real question here, is why Calming Moments’ weighted blankets work to calm your child’s stress.
The reason is simple. we custom-make our weighted blankets with the correct weight for each unique body.
That means that they use the correct amount of Deep Pressure Touch to calm your “fight or flight” response.
(This makes you feel overwhelmed, upset or stressed. You can find out more about Deep Pressure Touch here.)
Here are just two reviews from Aussie mums
“THESE BLANKETS ARE FANTASTIC”
These blankets are fantastic.
My daughter has PTSD, anxiety, depression and stress from a car accident and she uses hers every night and got another one ordered.
Highly recommend and so lovely to speak to.
– Leah S
“TOTALLY AMAZING QUALITY”
Had tears in my eyes when opening the weight blanket, so soft and not having beads rolling around, just looks like a normal bed quilt so my girls don’t feel different.
Totally amazing quality and looking at ordering more for my other children. Thank you so much.
– Ky W
Why is a Calming Moments’ weighted blanket the best choice for your child?
Here are some of the reasons that our weighted blankets are the best choice for your child.
- Are a team of Aussie mums who make every single weighted blanket with love and care in our factory in Mandurah, WA. Each blanket is certified Australian-made.
- Make each weighted blanket to order with the correct weight for your child’s unique body. (OTs recommend that a single bed blanket should be 10% of the user’s body weight for the best calming effect.)
- Pride ourselves on our high quality product and exacting manufacturing standards.